Retreat Chef Training – NEW DATES! November 2nd – 9th, Portugal
Do you want to travel the world and work in gorgeous places immersed in nature?
Do you already work in retreats or own a retreat centre and would like to be known for offering extraordinary, unforgettable food?
Would you like the opportunity to connect with a diverse range of people you would otherwise never have the chance to meet?
If you love to cook and love to travel, feel passionate about health and would like to work in a holistic environment with like minded people…then this could be just the job for you!
Cooking for a retreat is quite unlike any other catering job. We often get asked ‘how is it so different from being a private chef?’
On retreat, the people you are cooking for are not just on holiday. Whether the retreat is a relaxing yoga holiday, a health & fitness bootcamp or a full immersion into the practices, simply being in the retreat environment can have profound effects.
The food you create provides the nourishing support for this process.
The chef and the food play a vital role on any retreat and it is an important area to get right. The job of a retreat chef can be an exciting career choice and incredibly rewarding.
You get to travel the globe and experience the world in ways that being simply a tourist can never offer. You get to stay in some jaw dropping places and meet people you would never come across in daily life or in a job fixed to one location.
There are opportunities to work with local people across many different cultures and interact with local suppliers and producers. Plus you are blessed with the task of feeding and nourishing a group of people taking precious time out from their daily lives and routines.
This course offers the opportunity to learn from people with over 10 years experience in facilitating and catering for retreats.
We know what works when it comes to retreat food and how to make it an unforgettable experience for all.
Over 7 days the Retreat Chef Training provides:
- Daily holistic cookery classes – creating balanced breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and drinks
- Sessions including – nutrition, food consciousness practices, food energetics and Five Element theory, Ayurvedic nutrition, raw/living foods, fermentation
- Essentials of working with allergies, food intolerances and special dietary needs
- Skills to create inspirational gluten, dairy and sugar free plant based dishes
- How to create menu’s that support different kinds of practices and types of retreats/wellbeing holidays
- Key chef and kitchen skills
- Understanding ‘superfoods’, algae and tonic herbs – and how to work with them
- Healing and medicinal foods
- Creating a sacred kitchen space
- Information on food industry practices, ethical sourcing, conscious/sustainable catering and being a smart shopper
- Daily yoga, qi gong and meditation classes
- Workshops on the business aspects of retreat catering
- Trips to local suppliers, markets and artisan producers
In addition you will get:
- Comprehensive notes and a full recipe pack of all that we cover in the course
- A copy of The Holistic Kitchen Ebook
- Certification from The Holistic Kitchen Academy
- Access to our private Retreat Chef Network Facebook Group
Being a retreat chef is a fulfilling, inspiring and creative job, offering abundant opportunity for you to refine your craft and showcase your skills and culinary talent.
The intention behind this training is for us to help you find your style as a retreat chef, or to get clearer about the kind of food you want to serve at your venue or on your retreats.
Hayley North & Jo Tytherleigh
2nd – 9th November 2018
Vida Pura Eco Retreat Centre, Odeceixe, Portugal
We are very excited to be hosting our first chef training in Portugal at this stunning location. You can find out more about the venue and location here.
Prices depend on the accommodation option you choose.
£995 – Twin shared room in a villa with shared facilities (we always pair with same sex)
£1045 – Double room in an apartment with shared bathroom
£845 – 1x low cost option for a double bed on a mezzanine in shared apartment
£1295 – Private apartment with double bedroom, terrace and own facilities,
* Prices include all tuition, accommodation, meals, drinks and snacks.
A deposit of £250 is required to reserve your space. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The remaining balance is due 28 days before the course start date, unless you have a prior agreement in writing with the course facilitators.
Staggered payment options are also available. Please contact us to discuss a plan that works for you.
Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to cancel the course should unlikely circumstances arise where we need to do so. In such an event all monies paid to us, including the deposit, will be refunded in full.